A field guide.
I Am Compassionate Creativity
by Kali Quinn
Through a life-long philosophy of Compassionate Creativity, Kali Quinn weaves a tapestry of experiences into an inspiring, funny, moving, and magical testament to the abounding resiliency of the human spirit.
"Original, incisive, and gently challenging - this debut book provides throughful companionship and provocation to deepn one's own compassion not only for others, but for oneself. I recommend keeping it close at hand to incorporate the original 111 values as part of one's mindfulness practice. It is a lovely gift to give to those searching for calming, innovative meditations in difficult times."
– Heather Stanford, Department of Theater and Dance, University of California - Santa Barbara
“I have worked with Kali as an artist, teacher and collaborator. But it is her true caring and compassion as a human being that makes her such an exhilarating teacher and a true inspiration to anyone who has the good fortune to study with her.”
–Daniel Stein, Brown University/Trinity Rep, Guggenheim Fellow
Words from the introduction:
“Let these stories become medicine, fuel, fire, and companions. Let them remind you of your best abilities, dreams, and intentions. Let them encourage you to consistently value your life as your art and your art as your life, sharing the story of who you are with those around you.
Whatever your post or position, age or creed, I invite you to come sit by the fire, listen, warm your hands, and sing.” Read chapter titles & sample stories...
I am Compassionate Creativity is available in the following locations:
- Brown University Bookstore in Providence, Rhode Island
- Prairiewoods Franciscan Spirituality Center Bookstore in Hiawatha, Iowa
- Lang Memorial Library in Wilson, Kansas
- Bookworks in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Essence of Tranquity Hot Springs in Safford, Arizona
- Talking Leaves Books in Buffalo, New York
- Dog Ears Bookstore in Buffalo, New York
Stories from I am Compassionate Creativity are featured on the following blogs:
Edited by Gil Poulin
Cover design by Robin McGuirl
Cover Photo by Dawn Quinn & Jeff Smithson
Author Photo by John Shaw
"A compelling coming of age journey through a life in the arts, social activism, human encounter, and spiritual engagement. A litany of joyful, hilarious and extraordinary experience... This teaching memoir illustrates universal truths and we learn that wisdom is possible at any age."
- Jerry Levy, Professor Emeritus in Sociology at Marlboro College